PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 23:14
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Why can't the people who want to avoid Covid at all costs stay locked down if that's what they're so keen for, and the rest of us get on with it?

At what point does it become a personal choice that if you are unrealistically risk averse, then YOU can make allowances to cater for that. Stay at home, get groceries delivered etc. It's totally possible. I know it is because it's how I spend most of my life at the moment, but not by choice.

Keep all the reasonable restrictions in place but no more of this lockdown bs. It's the same group of us in society getting f**ked every time.

I hope we do what the French did this week. Below is a little of what Macron said sourced from elsewhere:
"I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us."

"It’s a matter of individual responsibility [...] but also a matter of our freedom"

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from early August), cinemas & museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen).

Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel & for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary. "We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine." "I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

“Get vaccinated!” was the president’s overall message. He even tweeted a GIF of himself repeating the phrase. “The equation is simple. The more we vaccinate, the less space we leave this virus to circulate.”

Macron explained that the government was striving to achieve a 100% vaccination rate across the country.”