PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Base Closures
Thread: Base Closures
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2021, 18:01
kenfoggo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Hong Kong refusing to open their airport to less restrictive travel, the COVID virus still rampaging through the world, Cathay losing millions of dollars a month on all the expense of financing , storing and maintaining aircraft that do not fly, paying expensive pilots who do not fly , paying all the overheads that only make sense when used to the maximum or close to it, there is little wonder that resignations from Cathay have reached an all time high. No sensible pilot can see a future for themselves or their family at this failing airline. Rumour has it that at least ten pilots per week are leaving and also rumours that all the remaining pilots are using the low Cathay basic pay as a job seekers allowance before moving beyond Cathay; which leaves the prospects for recovery for the airline now remote. Cathay is in a long , slow death spiral propped up by false hope and government money. Just my own opinion and I hope that I am wrong. A huge shame , but it seems that the end is now inevitable.