PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin-4
Thread: Dublin-4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2021, 10:46
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we still the only EU country where the army meets some passengers and puts them into mandatory hotel quarantine for 14 days? Are we the only EU country where it was illegal to travel? Where the police stopped you at the airport and fined you?

I travelled to Dublin yesterday from Germany. I'm fully vaccinated (2 shots of Pfizer) . I have an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate on my mobile phone. I had to get a PCR test to enter the country and I was told I have to self quarantine for 14 days after travel and that I can exit quarantine early by contacting a Doctor to arrange a PCR test with a non detected result at least 5 days after travel. The Irish population have been shielded from the type of freedom of movement the rest of Europe had and there is a lot of scare mongering on our national radio and TV RTE so I can't see a return to travel anywhere near the numbers previous. Only yesterday the CMO said don't travel if you have children. We have to live!!

I read a survey which states in the EU, Spain and Germany have the highest share of population that is fully vaccinated at 39.5% and 37.6% respectively. Ireland is at 36.2%.

Last edited by Sober Lark; 15th Jul 2021 at 10:59.