PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 vaccine and future pilot risks?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2021, 17:23
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested where Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci have been de-platformed. They developed the "Pfizer" mRNA vaccine, the first one certified both in the US (emergency) and EU (full certification). Yes, it is known as Pfizer vaccine, but was in fact not developed by Pfizer, but by BioNTech who took Pfizer in as partner for its pure manufacturing muscle during the phase 3 trials. I read comments and interviews from Ugur Sahin nearly on a nearly daily basis, not surprising, after all i am based in his home country Germany, but he and his team do not seem to be de-platformed at all, quite the opposite actually.

Yes, vaccines have side effects. Obviously they do, but they are surprisingly rare, especially in the mRNA vaccines, less so in the vector-based ones although even there the serious side effects are extremely rare. Heart inflammation is by now a well known side effect, especially in young males and quite easily treatable.

And yes, open debate and transparency is a very good sentiment. In fact, there are several specialized platforms for that, for example the New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet and so on. I suggest reading those, it is truly wonderful information, discussed and peer reviewed before publication and based on a very broad scientific consensus.