PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McCormack 'out',Barnaby 'in'. Anything in it for GA? That is the question
Old 21st Jun 2021, 07:46
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 106 Likes on 61 Posts
Principles in politics?
A contradiction in terms if ever I heard one!

Anything in it for General aviation I wonder??
Going on past experiences with 'Barnaby Joh' I sincerely doubt it.

Anything in it for Aviation 'Regulation' in Australia at all....I wonder??
See above comment. Btw, Tailwheel could probably tell us how much taxpayers money has been p****d up against the wall in the lengthy ongoing Legislation re-writes.

Other than that....How ya going Griffo?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Regulatory Reform" started in September 1988, 33 years ago. It took Canada and New Zealand under five years to achieve to complete and their outcome was a reasonable set of rules.

Last I heard the regulatory reform cost well north of $500 million dollars. It was a profitable career to retirement for some CASA staff.

This is still one of the most optimistic, senseless, bureaucratic double speak to come out of the process- 14 February 2005:

Senator MARK BISHOP—When do you think those regulations will go to the minister?

Mr Byron—I anticipate we would start sending some of them from about the middle of this year. I do not see this delaying the overall program excessively. We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months. I would be hopeful that it would not be long after early 2006 that most of the draft rules are delivered to the minister.
The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever

Tail Wheel

Last edited by tail wheel; 22nd Jun 2021 at 00:34.