PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Visa Waiver Programme?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2003, 07:00
climbnormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm leaning back towards the 'getting a visa' option now. Does anyone know how long a non-immigrant visa is vaild for?

If it's just 3 months, then it gets a bit expensive and complicated if you, for example, wanted to plan a quick shopping trip to NY six months after returning from your initial fortnight's holiday. Or is the process of renewing/applying for a second time a little more of a formality?

It all seems such hard work for the sake of a goddam holiday. By the way, I visited The Islamic Republic of Tunisia in N. Africa last year for a week. Does that stamp on my passport make me a terrorist suspect?

BTW, is it true that if you've visited Cuba you can't enter the US? I would really like to see the place before Castro dies as I'm sure it'll get as spoiled as anything within a very short time following his demise. Yeah, I know they need the foreign money, but there's just a kind of attraction about them being the last communist country in the world. I know any form of totalitarianism is reprehensible by nature, but Cuba seems to have been the most genuinely benevolent of them to date (as long as you didn't try making unwanted political comment in public).