PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 19th Jun 2021, 23:41
desert_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said

Very well said. I couldn't have written it better. Me as FO I can confirm everything you said. I was worried about my job at the beginning of the pandemic. Now? Now I don't care anymore and if I get fired I'll be glad someone made the decision for me. I'm incredibly tired, I'm just surviving on flights from lack of rest. Sometimes I'm so tired I'd rather just do paperwork and have no interest in flying. Constant fluster from poor communication and bad decisions by our management. I do the bare minimum just to make the flight safe and not have to explain anything in the office and the rest I don't really, really care. Now I look at my roster I just want to cry. A roster that is only legal in Qatar, according to EASA or FAA my license should have been suspended a long time ago. No chance to be home, see my folks and do perfectly normal things. I'm just flying, fighting fatigue, locked in a hotel room with no way to get out and eating economy food from plastic boxes. The Company has become a company for people who have to be here, not for people who want to be here. Sooner or later only people from problematic countries will stay here, for whom Qatar is unfortunately a better place to live. The rest will escape. You can see it in the cabin crew. All crews from developing countries, mostly from the Philippines, India and Thailand. Nothing against them, but this company is unable to offer anything other than tax free money. The only future here is be a baby sitter for the DEC. No thank you.

Last edited by desert_dog; 20th Jun 2021 at 02:22.