PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 19th Jun 2021, 11:06
Tired_Dazed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody knows the company does not care about pilots or any employee, but one has to wonder how big a hole they can dig themselves?

On line its very clear that morale is through the floor across the board.

TREs are saying that guys are showing up to LPCs and just shrugging their way through.

Most FOs you speak to will tell you they have zero incentive past earning a crust to be here. No hope of an upgrade even to SFO and any left seat vacancy in the next 2 years will most certainly be filled by DECs. A lot of FOs I speak to are actively looking for an out. If things pick up elsewhere there is a real danger of blue on blue culture prevailing.

I was in Training for 3 years before the pandemic and some of the absolute clowns I saw come in would frighten you. Some days you'd be looking at a DEC in training and asking to see his documents again just to be sure. Yet when the axe came last year the good guys were tossed and the idiots stayed. HR basically took anybody who applied from certain regions to fill left seat vacancies and CV maneuvers were common.

The issue of guys not returning is chronic now and the big fear in the office amongst those with a "stable head" is that new recruitment in the future may be negatively impacted by the anecdotal stories told.

I came here 12 years ago. Had a family here, but dear god I cannot wait to be out of this circus.