PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exam Fail - Airline Selection
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2021, 09:29
jez d

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
IBE8720

While I didn't write the post on the PLAG website, I think the author's intention of irony is fairly clear. The author clearly knows that this is not an acceptable mechanism for increasing pass rates, but also recognises that it is the only way it can happen until such time that the exams are made fit for purpose. It should also be noted that PLAG is more concerned about the UK CAA's attitude to TK subject matter than EASA's, as while EASA appears to be at least attempting to improve the situation, the UK CAA, by virtue of holding no in-house expertise and being way out of its depth in the post-Brexit world, is allegedly giving the situation a good ignoring.

Originally Posted by Paco
This seriously affects flight safety - I think that the Air France accident over the Azores was directly due to this type of "training" and lack of basic PPL knowledge. This is not to impugn Air France - I met their director of ops over in Cologne who informed me that there were two other similar incidents with other airlines.
That's a truly damning indictment and perhaps the seriousness of the situation is currently lost on the CAA and EASA? Perhaps it's time the legal profession was engaged to explain the realities of the situation to these 'safety' agencies?