PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exam Fail - Airline Selection
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2021, 06:28
IBE8720

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex Whittingham

No I did not misread the post.
"the pass rate will improve as ATO's become familiar with the questions being asked..." is not an acceptable or safe solution.
If the questions are unfit for purpose, then they should not be allowed to continue to be asked.

Anyone, particularly an airline pilot should be able to self study for these exams with an a ppropriate training manual, and pass. Not necessarily get 100%, but pass.

I repeat what I said. EASA should be held to account and forced to justify the relevance of the questions, their relation to the LO's and any question with any ambiguity needs to be removed. Those questions are designed with the sole purpose of inducing a wrong answer.

Of course a self governing body will not admit an error, or self govern. Only outside industry pressure will be able to enact change.

If PACO is correct, it reinforces a point I did not deleted. Until a crash investigation concludes that the examination process contributed to an accident, nothing will change.

Another issue is the inconsistancy between National authorities. Why does 1 authority allow you to bring the CAP into the exam, yet another restricts you to a calculator and a pen?

Last edited by IBE8720; 16th Jun 2021 at 13:52.