PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ettyl
Thread: Ettyl
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2021, 03:10
Pat UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
harriewillem,

Jokes that went too far? How about Holland Aerolines operating Nomads, or should that be Gomads, across the North Sea?

Talking seriously though I've never heard of those first three names you mentioned but what I have heard of are Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines, apparently the brainchild of a failed handling agent clerk who now wants to take over the world, well an airline or few anyway, then how about Aer Southeast, the guy behind that boasted some 20 years in aviation without identifying in what capacity, could have been another failed handling agent, the picture of his SF340 was straight from Google images and the crunch came when he started selling tickets without a licence.

So, pray tell, what less than public knowledge information do you have to put Ettyl in the same category as these jokes?

This thread started off last year with Ettyl being flamed for being another virtual airline, it seems that they are trying to get away from the 'virtual' tag and are now being flamed for that also, just what do they need to do, not that they need to, to satisfy these armchair critics?

200 families? From Wiki it seems that Stobart, the airline, are operating some 13 aircraft, let's say 5 crews per aircraft, that would be 260 staff, then there are management, office staff, engineers, etc., just where did you pluck the figure of 200 from?

And just how many families were affected when Flybe went down, wasn't it Stobart Air themselves along with Virgin that were going to be the saviours of many of those families, was that Ettyl's fault also?

Just my personal opinion but perhaps there are a few too many bored armchair critics during these crazy times.