PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 2nd Jun 2021, 07:31
Newcomer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alphadelta1

My oh my 🤦‍♂️
You didn't even catch the irony of my comment regarding the salary (I thought it was pretty obvious but apparently not for everyone).

So, IRONIC MODE ON: you shouldn't ask for a salary because hey, let's face it, the company would do you a big favour by hiring you. First of all with just a CPL you know pretty much nothing and you will be a burden to the captain. Plus imagine all the flight hours you would log on those big shinny jets, with that experience after a few years you would finally be able to apply to an airline that gives you just enough to live as you say. Oh no wait, by then these airlines wouldn't exist anymore because of all the morrons offering to work for next to nothing. The decent airlines would not pay their pilots because they have to compete with worse airlines making their pilots pay to have the privilege to sit in their cockpit (it's called pay to fly, and it already exists). After all who cares if you don't get paid, being a pilot is still pretty cool. Imagine all the pictures you could post on instagram to impress everyone, imagine how you would look in their nice uniform, all the young and hot flight attendants will fall for you for sure!

IRONIC MODE OFF: people like you degrade the conditions for everyone, and then come and complain that the job is not what it used to be without even realizing they are the ones at the heart of the problem, shooting themselves in the foot.
We don't pay 150k just to have enough to live as you say. This is a career. If you want to have just enough to live go work for McDonald's. You are an embarrasment to the profession.