PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2021, 01:32
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by knobbycobby
Keg's position is clear that he believes senior pilots should remain stood down and no RIN or movement should occur.
No. Quite the contrary.

Do you recall who it was that was advocating a lower MGH if it meant we could move crew across from the A380 to the A330 and carry them as a surplus? There weren’t many others advocating for that outcome. There were some caveats to that plan to make it palatable for the A330 pilots (who were going to be the ones needing to vote the variation up and were going to be the ones taking a hit beyond what they may have otherwise). Where is that discussion at these days? Why hasn’t that been progressed?

There are also a couple of other ideas being looked at that I’m aware ofl- that I’m supportive of as well- but your characterisation of my position that ‘senior pilots should remain stood down and no RIN or movement should occur’ is so false as to be laughable.

Originally Posted by Wingspar
If AJ wants to keep the A380 pilots on standby he’ll have to pay them. Once any A330/B787 training vacancies are advertised he can’t stop them bidding for that useful work. I suggest at that time he’ll have to pay for them to stay where they are.
Very close to the mark as to just one of the options.