PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2021, 02:05
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaboobla

…all I hear you do is defend the company.
I’m not defending the company. I’m trying to take the principle that Flightdeck is espousing through to it’s natural conclusion and pointing out the issues that arise.

I do think that probably it would be better if you represented the interests of pilots stood down
When someone puts forward a pipe dream outcome that hasn’t a hope in Hades of getting up and I question the logic or principle under pinning the pipe dream that is actually representing the interests of all the pilots- including those pilots who are standing up on a rotational basis.

A RIN may not be the best outcome and could create more problems than it solves. There are other solutions possible. Some of these solutions were being discussed late last year. They no longer are.

The A380 pilots dont have to ask any questions - your on the AIPA COM. You have been elected to ask those questions on their behalf.
I’ve asked the questions. The answers tend not to be reported in insights. I’m not going to blaze away on here when it’s not my place. People can call me if they like- I’ve had a bunch already.

The 'redundancies will send the company broke' trope needs to end - seriously.
Not a line I’ve put forward. However I still maintain that a RIN may not be in the interest of the majority of pilots and that there are other potential solutions that could be considered.

Qantas are running around 150 training courses from old vacancies.They should of cancelled the courses if they were in difficulty.

This number is incorrect. It’s about 25% less than that. Included in those training courses are a fair number of A380 and 747 pilots who will now have some window seat flying. Fantastic outcome for them. They are going to fleets who are currently not in surplus*. A RIN of the A380 adds a further 200+ pilots. The remaining 747 RIN slots (most of whom start courses on the A330 or 787 within the next month or two) is another 65ish. 11 are waiting for the A380.

* Technically the LH fleets are for the current flying but not for the ‘normal’ establishment.