PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus ALT*
Thread: Airbus ALT*
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2021, 11:33
Uplinker

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Both training Captains. WTF ?? I am sorry, but I hope they are both stripped pf their titles and returned to ranks..

........as a condition of that certificate was required to wear distance vision correction and have available reading correction. These vision requirements were determined to have not influenced the occurrence. ”

I agree with Captain Mongo; The report comment that this guy's poor vision was not a factor is bull****. (We've all hit the wrong button, but not twice in a row) - coupled with him obviously not being able to focus on his PFD or the Engine N1/EPR gauges. This guy was operationally blind and should have been put out to grass

Nor could he even fly manually, FFS !! He was type rated, so he had studied the Airbus, passed exams about the Airbus controls, including auto-thrust, so he knew how it worked. Excuse my invective, but It pisses me off that people like this who can't fly and can't see get the plumb jobs, but mortals like us who do understand Airbus and can fly, don't get a look-in because of the seniority system and office politics.

@ Check Airman We've all been there. Every day is a learning day.