PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2003, 02:30
gomex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all
Everyone has made valid arguments, but I beg to ask one question? Have any oil companies lost any money? Anywhere? I fly in the GOM in extremly old equipment, because the Helicopter operators will not stand up to the oil companies, and get a reasonable return on investment, and promote the safety of our industry. The pilots at AirLog and PHI are trying to force a change in the GOM. I hope we are sucessful, but it takes all pilots in our industry to stand together and make a standard that we all can live with. The Helicopter operators will stand together to keep pilots from organizing, and to tell you how unloyal you are to your company, but they will not push the agenda to improve the safety of the operation if it costs money. My loyalty goes to my fellow pilots and passengers. Tell me how loyal the companies are when they will make a fifteen plus year pilot redundant, but keep the managers that made all the bad decisions on contract bids, causing the lost money, are so they say. Lets quit eating our own, and lets start supporting our pilot's organization.