PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training on grass
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 12:03
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
You may have some valid arguments about using tarmac instead of grass aa777888, but that one is complete fiction. search back for Nick Lappos' destruction of the 'bubble of air' theory of ground effect.
Oops, my bad! I did the search you recommended. I am embarrassed to realize that the casual terminology of the "b" word had such a negative history here. I will go back and edit my post to refer to ground effect instead.

Keep straight, don't chase the attitude with cyclic and don't lower the lever until you have stopped during the run on and it doesn't matter what surface or pretty much what speed you land on.
That's all quite wonderful, until a student doesn't do that, and his 200 hour super-pilot CFI doesn't sort it out in time.

It's cheap insurance to go to a hard surface no matter how good you are. Just like it's cheap insurance to take an instructor or check pilot with you when practicing auto's. It never hurts to have an extra set of experienced brains in the cockpit under those circumstances.