PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 01:13
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tucknroll
I don’t because I have someone in my home who would likely die if they got Covid. And that’s the point really, the reason that Australia has fared so well is because we, as a nation, have shielded the weak and vulnerable. I know if I get Covid, I’ll be fine. Thousands of Australians would die if it got loose in our unvaccinated community.

Most Australians are happy with the current situation, because we’re living good, almost entirely unaffected lives during a pandemic. If the decision makers called Troo believer instead of the actual experts, we’d have hundreds if not thousands of dead.
Yes the vaccination is the key to unlocking the travel restrictions. We all know that. You could quarantine in a hotel instead if you’re concerned about bringing back an infection if you’re indeed a pilot. Somehow I doubt that you are. I will add that not one flight crew member flying internationally has become infected since it all began. Read the science. It’s accessible and prolific but don’t hide behind ill founded opinion based on CLS. Is the vulnerable person vaccinated yet? I sincerely hope so.