PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyinggroup Antwerp/NL assessment
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2021, 12:00
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyTCI
And that was my biggest gripe with their offer, and I’m surprised that you guys have reacted to the pay but not bond. I can hypothetically go to the US now and get myself a GV w 550 differences or GLEX type for way less money than that, airplanes which can easily generate 3 to 4 times the earning potentials that of a PC2, and that without being tied down for three years. A friend of mine signed a $70000 3 year bond for a 6000 Vision type some years ago and at his job after that he is now making $250K+ working for a great owner. Yes, I would have no time in type but with my previous experience in large cabin (think bigger than G’s and Globals) and my extensive network combined with my access to the US job market that probably would not be an issue for very long. Now, I am not promoting to pay for your own type, but compared to the option of this ridiculous bond it would have been the smarter way to go.

I told FG straight up that I am in the business to safely and efficiently fly the owner and his family, and potential charter customers, around and not in the business to subsidize training costs which are part of a private jet ownership as a multi millionaire in his $10M airplane. I am sure that didn’t sit well with the owner or FG but I honestly couldn’t give a rat’s a$$. They insulted my experience and the many many sacrifices I have made over the years to be where I am at and I refuse to take that laying down.

As for someone else taking the job, the fact that an ex EK A380 Captain had already accepted this lousy offer should tell you something about this market.

I am not bitter as they actually did me a favor and pretty much made the decision for me and I am off to bigger and better things! They also showed me once and for all to not bother with the European so called aviation industry.
If the pay and other employment conditions were attractive (which they´re clearly not) you wouldn´t have to worry to much about the bond, would you. You´d stay on as happy camper and the days go by. The bond for the initial surely covers ALL associated expenses related to to the initial training, which means type rating AND base training on the aircraft (EASA land), hotels, per diem, travel etc. - which is not unusual to be part of the initial training bond - though the quote your given on the PC24 does sound on the high side for a light jet (but I´d admit to not know the type rating cost on type).

I don´t see how you´re subsidizing anything - since you not paying for anything UNLESS you leave prematurely. IF you were told to arrive with a self sponsored type rating - you´d be subsidizing training costs. This is not the case. The monetary investment is done by someone other than yourself. The bonding on the recurrent is interesting though, since it overlaps with the initial and as you correctly summarize apparently accumulates until you reach the end of the training bond. Ultimately it´s a sickening setup - and I can understand that you step aside from it. Good luck in America.