PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to EASA
Thread: UK to EASA
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2021, 09:26
bittersweetheart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry. But I have had it up to here with all this cakeism and self entitlement.

The UK is a third country to EASA. Exactly as they wanted to be. At their own initiative. Offer of EASA membership post BREXIT was declined by Boris.

The consequences of this decision by the UK, has been crystal clear and expressively laid out in writing. I believe the UK BREXIT Microsite went live early 2018?

Anybody who subsequently went and did pilot training in Spain in 2020, under the UK CAA oversight, failed to do their due diligence.

People who chose to remain in an employment which required a UK issued license, made that decision with the consequences available in black and white.

As one of ‘the three million’ I was faced with the same tough decision as all UK license holders; Do I stay in my current employment and lose EASA privileges. Or do I uproot my wife and kids, sell the house and find a job in the EU? My airline refused to let me SOLI out, and I had to acknowledge I was in charge of my own destiny. Was it an easy decision? Hell no. Am I upset with EASA for simply sticking to the rulebook? For being completely transparent and clear from day one? Deep down I think everybody is well aware of who instigated the current situation and to date keep trying to fit a square pig in a round hole…

I am deeply sympathetic for everyone who got stuck between a rock and a hard place because of BREXIT.
BUT. People need to grow up and stop this cherry picking and end this blame game. You want back into EASA? Welcome back! If not, you are a third country and will be treated exactly like every other third country. Where your training was carried out or which license you held in the past is not relevant. That is the law.