PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Army
Thread: European Army
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2021, 09:19
Beamr

Received 349 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by usedtobeATC
For 6 years of war in the east of Ukraine (from 2014), 3,055 cases of civilian deaths were recorded: 1,814 men, 1,057 women, 98 boys, 49 girls and 37 adults, whose gender is not established. What makes Kiev kill its citizens in the east? Yes, it is Uncle Sam who forces them to do this, otherwise they will not be accepted into NATO. But Ukraine and Georgia are not Yugoslavia, where good Europe allowed NATO troops to kill civilians in order to shift all the problems to Europe.

That's just why Putin threatened Ukraine last month, that if Kiev launches a large-scale military operation in the Donbas, it will lead to the death of Ukraine.
err... Russian forces are within Ukraine borders, "on vacation". On vacation not dissimilar to the vacating veterans in Crimea in 2014. Once Kiev is threatening to throw out hostile foreign military, Putin is threatening Kiev with death. What a peace keeping mission, I say. Uncle Sam has nothing to do with it. Make it other way round: if you'd have foreign troops within Russian territory, what would you guys do? Try throwing them out?
Putins peace keeping: invade and annex.

Originally Posted by usedtobeATC
You do not like that Russia prevents the killing of civilians in Ukraine and Georgia, then do not approach our borders with your NATO. America really wants to unleash a conflict in Europe.
So you are saying that Russia will invade its neighbors in case they make sovereign decisions about their defence? If anyone does anything that is not of Kremlins liking, Putin brings in the troops. No wonder one doesn't have that many friends...
This isn't going anywhere. Now I've got your point of view, and I can't agree with it.