PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Quarantine Confinement Camps
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2021, 03:36
anxiao

Received 50 Likes on 11 Posts
Agree with the institutionalised racism inherent in the HKGGOV, even down to one nationality not being allowed to hold a drivers licence... We can guess which one.

Two of my maid's friends who wanted to get vaccinated have been told by their owners sorry employers that they are prohibited from doing so, on pain of dismissal, as it may make the children they look after sick. Not a lot of STEM education in the Hong Kong system then.

"Let them hate, as long as they fear" seems to be the ruling philosophy of the government. Now ordinary people are stressed that it just takes one person in your block to be tested positive, then a knock on the door and you are incarcerated in an insanitary refugee camp environment for three weeks minimum. It certainly stresses me. Especially as there is a retired gweilo as***e in our block who hasn't worn a mask for a year, and drinks with his 8-10 similar rowdy buddies every night outside low bars. If/when he tests positive I'll be ropeable if we all end up in Pennys Bay.

The lawyer group from Mid Levels who were taken away in the night and sued the Government have gone quiet, not sure if that is because their case has gone sub judice or because they won and have to keep it secret as a condition of release.