PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 10:16
cogwheel

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
G_f.... I assume that you would be aware that the state of GA at this time is not real flash. The number of GA and RAaus aircraft that do not have more than one VHF or a transponder is significant. Various sources suggest that the cost to the GA industry will be upwards of $17M plus on going costs to maintain and service. ASA have not yet demonstrated the problem that this proposal is designed to fix nor have they provided any sort of safety case or risk analysis and the maps of the proposed area/s are very poor. Without any other changes (such as removing the transponder requirement in E below ten) then the amount of Class G airspace will be significantly reduced and there will be less altitudes available for VFR to cruise at especially over high terrain. There are other options available for airspace management which ASA don't seem to have considered and in fact the whole process has been far from transparent and the consultation process has been very poor. I could go on, but you should get my drift.