PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for a Licence
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2021, 18:06
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Agreed, sort of. However, the posts on here during the last financial crash of 07-09 deterred me from pursuing a flying career at that time, and focussing on a ‘backup’. Friends of mine were not put off and are enjoying careers in flying - albeit a couple are on furlough currently - and are much further ahead than I am now. I suspect they didn’t read PPrune.

Ive done the uni and got into aviation in other areas of the industry, and am now qualified to fly for a living. However my delay in training due to my other career has meant I’ve finished at quite possibly the worst time in aviation history, when I was getting towards the end newly qualified low houred pilots had probably never had it so good..

If I had a crystal ball I’d put money on the lottery, but as I don’t I think the argument for timing it right has substance. There is no doubt this will have a lasting impact on the industry, but regrow it will.

I do fear I have all of my eggs in the aviation basket, but should the worst happen I do also have some pretty solid transferable skills that I may not have developed had I gone to Oxford and straight into Ryaneasybe. Swings and roundabouts but I do regret not ‘timing it right’ and taking a bigger risk.

Good luck all.