PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for a Licence
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2021, 16:49
Dreamiator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B2N2

Mate you’re delusional and your advise is terrible. Perhaps you have a vested interest in a flight school, because that’s the only possible reason someone would recommend Aviation as a career in these times.

Reality of the situation is that this lull will take years to recover and as it has been pointed before, there is a huge abundance of qualified (type rated) and heavily experienced pilots whom are stacking shelves at supermarkets, the “lucky” ones found jobs in GA. The same jobs a budding 200hr CPL pilot would be planning to get after finishing flight school.

If a fresh CPL now tries to go out in the real world and get a job in GA to build hours they’ll quickly find that there are virtually no vacant flying jobs out there. Even the smallest operators are inundated with hundreds of applications with experience surpassing their minimums ten folds! As a result, these fresh pilots will fall out of recency and any chance of a flying job will get further and further away. That person will likely fall into depression, rely on welfare and his/her life will fall into remorse and regret.

Seriously people stop telling young kids that Aviation is a viable career option because it simply isn’t. Young kids should go to university and invest in a real career with solid prospects and if they still want to fly for a living then they’ll be in a much better place later on in their lives should another aviation downturn (inevitably) happen. I strongly believe that Aviation career needs a plan B. Trust me no one want to drive a truck or clean houses on minimum wage when they’re 50 because they’ve been furloughed!!

I know it sounds all doom and gloom but as a pilot community I think we have to try and paint an accurate picture free of the lies and manipulation that flight schools thrive upon.