PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zone/CFIS Operations
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2021, 04:50
AviationBloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a big J

I could pick a lot out of this but I’ll deal with a few points here.

VFR is certainly not like it is anywhere else in the world. Acting as both ATC and a pilot... no way. Maybe there’s some similarities in terms in UCARAS and a few Zone operations but that’s about it.

1. outside controlled airspace, class F/G... it’s a FIS (flight information service), same the world over apart from UK which changed it to a Basic Service in 2009. No separation between IFR and VFR or anything else for that matter especially under a FIS. There’s no other ATSOCAS ( ATC outside Controlled Airspace) here.
looking out of the window is the morals of flying VFR.
plenty of information on this ( icao 4444, Rules of the Air) etc...

2. Controlled Airpace.
not too bad.. you’re generally correct. Remembering that you if you’re asked to maintain a level, it’s on the understanding that you may have to report unable to comply in order to maintain VFR. Personally the technique of using it for any ATC should be avoided. Better to use not above and limit your need to rely on it. ( “report any change” is good for update to ATC in order to pass traffic info).
again plenty of info in ICAO docs

3. Don’t worry..

it’s not that I’m unaware of anything to be answered in accordance with what should happen or what the rules say.... it’s the question of why people as doing it wrong. Whether it be Pilot or ANSP( ATC)

thanks for your response.. love the “big jet airspace “ 😂👍🏼