PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avanti
Thread: Piaggio Avanti
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2021, 18:20
Jim Moscardini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Formula. The "fantastic" support of the MU2 is kinda an urban legend of late. My bird is mostly maintained by one of the three remaining service centers for the MU2. Last year I was lucky enough to get my hands on the "last" attitude gyro in stock and the "last" wing tip fuel gauge in stock. These quite essential components may have the next victim grounded for a while until a new/overhauled/salvage unit is found for his bird. This gave me great pause. Despite the current corporate situation, at least the Avanti is still being manufactured and any bird I might acquire would be at least 30 years younger than our Mits. Parts availability has to be evaluated along with reliability though. The posts here from actual owners/pilots don't seem to imply that it's an unusually unreliable bird. That said, I have no doubt that the Avanti would be more of a risk than a Phenom 100 of the same age, but it's also much more of a plane. I'm strictly a Part 91 guy now, so a little down time just means I won't be flying for a while; I don't have a "Bottom Line" to worry about. However, the dearth of recent owner experience information available is making those trade off evaluations difficult. That's why I was so happy to find this thread today. Keep those cards and letters coming, kids!