PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licensing query
Thread: Licensing query
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2021, 16:35
AirUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Licensing query

Good afternoon,

I have a few questions regarding UK CAA licensing - if anyone is able to help me, I'd be very grateful.

1. I had a UK CAA JAR-FCL ATPL which I SOLI'd over to the IAA in 2013 and I received an IAA EASA ATPL. I believe that when exchanging a UK JAR ATPL for a UK EASA ATPL there was a tick-box option to also receive a separate standalone national licence at the same time - I SOLI'd back and now hold a UK Part-FCL ATPL (issued as an EASA ATPL in 2018) - am I able to retrospectively apply for one of these standalone national CAA licences that I appear to have missed out on?

2. I previously instructed over 10 years ago and I am currently in the process of renewing my FI rating. I thought I had gained enough experience (100+ hrs instructing and 25 supervised solo sign offs) to un-restrict the rating but I can't be 100% sure and want to be able to confirm this - I have a scan of my old JAR ATPL (on which the rating was issued) - is there an obvious way to tell whether or not I became unrestricted from this alone? (I can't remember if you had to apply for an un-restriction or not?) Or is it an automatic un-restriction based upon experience for which I could only prove by solo sign off remarks written against my logbook entries? (I didn't make very detailed remarks entries back then - I wish I had...) I.e. would a record of an un-restriction would have been made anywhere else? If not, then I guess I will I have to start again from scratch (it's been a few years so probably wise anyway)?

3. I understand that via cross-creditation it may be possible to have a SPA SE IR issued based upon my current MPA ME IR - is this correct? I hold a valid type rating on an airliner and an SEP rating. If not, is there an easy way of obtaining an SPA SE IR or IR(R) for use on SEP aircraft with my experience?

Sorry for all the questions, I have also tried emailing the CAA, but I'm told it'll likely be a long wait before I hear back from them at the moment. Is anyone in the know able to offer any assistance/advice for a quicker answer?

Thank you in advance,

UK.