PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2021, 22:25
Wingspar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goodonyamate
Does anyone know what the ‘new’ AIPA execs position is on 380 crew? QF will not deviate from their
position, that being the trigger for 380 crew to be paid is when the 380 is back, ie Nov 2023. Understandably, there are 380 crew pretty annoyed about this, and as one caller put it on the last webinar, this is a ‘seniority based award’. I might have mis interpreted his position, but the assertion that we are all ‘LH pilots’ seemed to me like a question of ‘why can’t we the senior crew take the seats of those the junior crew’. Where does AIPA stand on this? For all the talk by the G20 of a lack of transparency from the previous exec, I can’t say I’m at all impressed with the new regime. TBH on on the edge of leaving AIPA. Anecdotally I’m told there is still some work going on to see if it is legally possible to bump junior crew. I hope this is incorrect, but for all their talk, I find their transparency completely non existent! Anyone?
Don’t need AIPA to sort this one out.

Come the time when slots are advertised, and they will, A380 crew have every right to bid for them. In most cases their seniority will win them the slot. The company cannot knock them back.....it’s the award, sorry EA.

How can the company argue no useful work in that case?