PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2021, 13:25
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
The public needs to be educated by the leadership that once vaccinated, case numbers are irrelevant. Given it seems that the vaccine all but eliminates severe disease let alone death we should pay the same attention to Covid case numbers as we do to flu numbers each year. IE basically none.
Of course, but I think you’ll find that’s a long way off. Look at how the government responded to public pressure concerning the AstroZeneca vaccination. A hint of public concern and it’s effectively pulled from distribution for those under 50. Add to this the delays in vaccine rollout explained away by Scott Morrison because there is no COVID problem here, and consequently no rush and it paints a glacial progression out of this. I daresay the truth of those comments was more along the lines of ‘we actually have no idea of how to navigate our way out of this.’ Fair enough too, it’s quite clearly a complete sh!tshow.

We’re not going to be seeing much education from a Prime Minister who only yesterday was saying that if we open borders we can expect 1000 cases per day and he doesn’t know what would happen if that were to occur.

All I’m saying is, don’t count on international to return to service in October. There are too many nervous people in the government and the public at large for that to happen. I’ve got plans for the next two years away from flying, I suggest other pilots do the same.