PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2021, 08:27
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
If CASA is not going to prohibit HCRPT from operating in and out of aerodromes in G, that’s it from a regulatory perspective.

As others have pointed out in the threads to which you referred, GF, the probabilities of a collision between a HCRPT aircraft and another aircraft in the vicinity of an aerodrome in G are whatever they are.

One thing is certain: The probabilities are not zero.

In a coherent system of cost/risk assessment and mitigation, that outcome would be because the cost of a HCRPT aircraft full of passengers lost once every X decades is less than the cost of running e.g. a D tower over the same period. Has that assessment been done by CASA? I very much doubt it.

I remain fascinated that the insurers of HCRPT operators allow operations in and out of aerodromes in G. I reckon their actuaries have done the assessment. Would be interesting to see the crunched number. Perhaps part of their risk mitigation strategy is action against CASA?

I reckon Ballina and Mildura have the roulette wheels with the fewest numbers. I hope neither of them comes up 00 in my life time.