PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2021, 14:42
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toledoashley

I could be wrong but I think the rename was more to do with the sale of the assets by EY rather than a sign their appeal against the CAA's decision has been successful. If you read the CAA's report, they're clear that the it's the old company, now called FBE Realisations, which has to meet the financial tests not Thyme / Flybe 2.0 to be considered for the OL. They very clearly state the OL is not something which can be transferred as an asset.

Flybe's own argument at the CAA hearing said: "Removing Flybe’s OL would jeopardise the sale of Flybe to Thyme OpCo and, with it, the potential benefits for the UK economy." I think it's a fair bet the entire restart hinges on them getting the OL back.

In terms of an appeal being successful against CAA, would a lot of their recent activity - i.e. aircraft being registered etc - be an attempt to rectify shortcomings mentioned with the CAA's conclusions where they stated back in March: were Flybe to apply for an OL for the first time now it would not qualify, irrespective of its financial position, because it is not purporting to function as an air carrier even notwithstanding the constraints of the COVID-19 pandemic

It seems like the CAA had not seen enough evidence they were an actual airline, so perhaps the new directors and fleet registrations allow them to show they are a genuine airline able to meet 12 month financial obligations? Even so, I'm not convinced that is enough for the CAA to agree to the transfer of the OL judging by their conclusions as they're not the previous airline, despite what legal titles may say.

Last edited by cavokblues; 14th Apr 2021 at 15:34.