PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HRH The Duke Of Edinburgh
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2021, 11:09
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Wonderful how the media beat things up, it's quite a fair question, judges do at times order that Aboriginals be subject to tribal justice, which may involve spearing in a leg. The following chap was going to be speared five times in each leg after he had served 15 years in the nick for rape and manslaughter.

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/nitv-new...ing-punishment
Yup, it never ceases to amaze me how badly out of context some folks and the media distort the truth. Like this one:

19. To a female sea cadet: “Do you work in a strip club?” when she said she worked in a club. He added: "It's a bit too cold today anyway."
Said “Sea Cadet” was 24-year-old Elizabeth Rendle and her friends as he visited their barracks.Miss Rendle, a barmaid, said Philip had asked her what she did for a living. Miss Rendle is a Sea Cadet Instructor - but the press and others leave that bit out as it doesn’t fit their agenda.

'I told him I worked in a night club. He then asked if it was a strip club,' she said. His question provoked howls of laughter from 24-year-old Elizabeth Rendle and her friends as he visited their barracks.She said: 'He was just going round chatting with people, asking them what they did for a living.

'It was a joke and we were all laughing which drew everyone else's attention. I don't think he put his foot in it. It was a joke and I didn't take any offence.'
So really it works to the agenda to portray HRH in a poor light, when he was actually having a bit of a laugh with a good looking woman - hardly the teenage cadet that the quote deliberately seems to neglect to clarify.