PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2021, 17:16
southamptonavgeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA318;

I did not state that I expected success, rather that I hope for it.

Personally I think that 'new Flybe' could operate on niche routes in a similar manner to that of Blue Islands - having said that, SI/BCI do appear to have quite a bit of government funding.
I have spoken to a few family members who all spoke very highly of the airline despite having little or no knowledge of aviation, so the brand can't be entirely tarnished. As I have said before, we can only speculate currently, as no real announcements have been made regarding routes, dates, etc.

All the old dead wood is gone, the bad management has gone, all the old airframes are gone, all the expensive jets - with expensive lease and maintenance deals are gone, the big spread of unprofitable routes and bases are gone, the debt is gone... it's a clean slate
Exactly. The original Flybe (this is surely what we must refer to it as?) grew to a size that it could not manage - debts grew as leases could not be ended, and the latest CEOs seemed to bring the airline to a temporary state of profitability before withdrawing all efforts and sinking back into the red.