PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 22:55
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
I check the ERC and DAP I mark this on my visual charts and keep the hell away from the initial fix and RNAV approach. Once in the cruise I am not worried about the IFR route as I fly VFR level and the high performers are in the high teens or class A by then.
once within 20 nm of an aerodrome with high performers, I have the approaches on my map. Takes an extra 5 mins to draw up but always there for future use. If I need to cross the approach I make a broadcast that I am at xx level crossing the rmav xx.
So you cruise at VFR levels rather than IFR levels, when flying VFR. Pure genius. Someone should make that a rule.

And you and your instructor should lobby CASA and RAAus to add plotting IAP waypoints on visual charts to the RPC/PPL syllabus. Maybe just add them to the visual charts in the first place?

Would the RPC/PPL holders have to review and understand RNAV-related NOTAMS to make sure the plotted IAP waypoint information is accurate?

Do you think heavy metal pilots do or should believe a VFR pilot’s assertion as to his or her location with respect to an IAP waypoint, absent third party or TSO equipment confirmation?