PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised JAA Minimum Requirements
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2003, 22:27
haggis102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest with your Bryce, I’m not really too interested in learning all about the GPS system, FMC and weather uplink etc. My aim is to get to a frozen CPL at the minimum cost and to apply for a job doing absolutely anything just to build up my hours. I’ve been told that its better to learn and understand the basics, ie. map, stopwatch and compass etc and I’m prepared to settle for that at this stage.

I’ve taken a brief look at the pea website you mentioned but it didn’t seem to mention anything about JAA qualifications. I’m at work at the moment so I’ll look in greater detail when I get home tonight. To be absolutely honest with you there’s that many different courses out there, I’m not really too sure what I’m looking for!

My overall goal is to try and obtain my frozen CPL and my biggest concern is that I may get half way through the training and run out of cash with the bank not willing to offer me any more funding.

Baring all of this in mind and putting yourself in my place, How do you think you would go about it if you were low on cash, what courses would you take on and where do you think that you would do them? Also baring in mind that I don’t want my great grand kids to be still paying for my training when I’m done and dusted

Thanks again for your help Bryce.