PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beards in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2021, 08:09
Training Risky

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lomon
Join the 21st century!

If the RAF is to survive the next 100 years it needs to accept the need to change.
Women CAN get pregnant, have a baby and still contribute to the service. (Shock horror they can even fly aircraft and join the RAF Regiment)
Being gay does not make you an automatic target for blackmail.
Having a beard does not instantly make you scruffy (The design of our current PCS and the insistence that a short jacket should be tucked in like a shirt does)
Not being a straight white male does not make you incapable of doing the job.
Trying to justify a pathetic woke agenda with appeals to the Gregorian calendar is something that gets right up my nose! It is a lazy form of debate which can be used by both sides. Monarchy, Democracy and Electricity all pre-date the year 2000, shall we discard them based on their antiquity?

Like everyone in the Service, there are good and bad examples. I knew some shocking women who, on returning to work after maternity, used every trick in the book to avoid deployments. I knew militant homosexuals who used the change in policy to bash and threaten colleagues who voiced legitimate criticism of the government's pandering to the gay lobby and the public money spent on appeasing them.

The RAF can survive if it does what it did best. Be a purely meritocratic institution which never needed a PR consultant to tell it how to look and what to say.