PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Voyager ZZ336 Government Transport
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2021, 15:42
champair79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A4scooter
Surely the BBJ MAX, which is compatible with P8 and P7 with a cargo door would have been more suitable, built in steps, no baggage belt required and great range. In addition if a cargo door was fitted it could be used for the aeromed role?
I suspect this deal with Titan was arrived on pretty quickly and on very favourable conditions for the government. The 2 brand new A321neos were originally intended for TCS Travel use (operated by Titan crews). Most likely due to COVID travel restrictions, Titan have had to be inventive with how they repurpose the aircraft in the short and long term.

I have no background information on where they will be based but I would imagine Stansted at Titan HQ but with the capability to dispatch at short notice to most places. Heathrow has plenty of spare capacity at the moment so the Royal Suite would be suitable.. Stansted is not a million miles from London and of course it could also operate out of Brize. Boris in the past has said that the A330 is rarely available.

champ