PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grade 3 Instructor with $120,000 debt. Driving street sweepers...
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 21:33
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
I' ve been employed in aviation for over 30 years and it has never been way harder for females in my experience to get the job, what is different is having to put up with stupid sexist remarks from people who think it is because we are all slags who did someone a favour because we get a job that they thought they were entitled to....
Unfortunately I’ve heard that attitude far too much. The good thing is it shows that for the most part airline recruiting systems work. Those who are generally of the type who would publicly sook about a female pilot taking a job they thought they were entitled to don’t have the self awareness or temperament to make a good pilot.

When there’s an incident involving a female pilot I always hear “Quota hire/only got her job because of her gender” etc.

Whenever there’s an incident involving a male pilot I never hear the same comments, it’s always specific to that male pilot only and not indicative of all male pilots.