PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Engineer 80th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 15:59
huge72

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Well said Shy. When I left the rotary world for the first time in the 80's, on day one of the flying phase of the Herc OCU, I was in the crewroom with the other Loadie, like myself ex rotary, when the Chief Eng instructor came in with all the new baby Eng studes. He took one look at us and said to them: ''See the two loadies over there, they have brevets already, which means they are probably ex rotary and think they are engineers. Well we are going to show them the're not''. Later during the flying phase on start up, I had the last laugh when the GTC wouldn't start and he once again had a dig by saying: ''If the Loadie knew anything about it he would tell you what's wrong''. At which point I diagnosed the fault correctly and what to do about it followed by what would I know as I am only good for making the coffee!!! Its no wonder after 18 months I requested, a got a posting back to rotary and the QCHI post on 72. Mind you I won't blame all of the C130 world as attitudes had changed by the time I arrived back at Lyneham in 97.