PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grade 3 Instructor with $120,000 debt. Driving street sweepers...
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 00:52
Clare Prop

Received 224 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by deja vu
What to do, what to do? Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why people don't ask these questions before spending $120,000 of other people's money? Sure I understand the vision of sitting up front of a big shiny jet trumps the reality that very few ever make it to that, together with flying schools with management trained in the used car industry. Biggest culprit by far is any government that is a willing participant in such a ludicrous scheme for an industry that can't properly and fairly employ its current crop of pilots.

Only redeeming fact is by the time these loans are paid back $120,000 won't buy you a good family holiday

I've been saying this for years. Then you see the video of the sickening way McCormack sang the praises of the likes of NK and you can see why pollies are allowing this rort to continue, there must be something in it for them. Rather than moan on Pprune, we should take this to our local Fed MP, however it's both sides that have been involved in keeping this gravy train going so don't expect they are going to stop it any time soon.