PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent RAF
Thread: Independent RAF
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2021, 12:34
Idle Reverse

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Chill out BV !

Originally Posted by Bob Viking
If it was sensible answers you were after then perhaps you should have worded it in a more sensible way.

Your post appeared to be blatantly provocative and not very well intelligently structured.

For starters where was your justification for asking the question?

Most people on here don’t know you from Adam. We have no idea of your motivation and are very familiar with wind up merchants.

BV
Generally I enjoy your replies to the many different topics on here, BV. More often than not they are well put, informative and often come served with a welcomed helping of humour; I like them. But, on this thread, you appear to be rather aggressive to John LeBrun for some reason ? Somewhat uncharacteristic of you, I thought ?

Your post ("most people on here don't know you from Adam") suggests that "if we don't know you, then we don't trust you". I know very few people on here but I'm always happy to see what they have to say. A very simple search on pprune would show you some of John's RAF background and would certainly show his age grouping too. John, like yourself, is one of the few ppruners who use their actual name and so it's perhaps a little ingenuous of you to summise John's post as being a wind up. Unless you jumped straight in without taking a minute or two to see who John LeBrun might be ?

John's initial post was worded in a sensible way but you chose to answer it with ridicule. Take a look back at your immediate reply to it . . . . . Ooh, ooh. Me first. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha. BV

Then, in your last post, you ask for the justification of asking the question ? I didn't know this was a requirement on pprune but, if it is, then John's opening words were "An independent RAF is becoming hard to justify". To me this showed John's personal thoughts and he went on to invite other thoughts / opinions. All rather polite and sensible; it wasn't blatantly provocative and I fail to see how the structure can be construed as "not very well intelligently structured" (I struggle with the structure of your phrase there, BV ???) John's post was not deserving of ridicule.

But there we go. Back to my coffee and biscuits . . . then I might order John's book "Lucky Me !" from that well known river website !
Cheers to All . . .