PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2021, 22:00
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Gentle_flyer
So I suspect not only do we have a problem with Ballina but almost everyone has just given up reporting. Not really a surprise, you can only hit your head against the ATSB / CASA brick wall so many times before one gives up.....
Yep. I know of a REPCON submitted by a fellow train driver regarding document control training & procedure changes at their workplace. I know for a fact that there are serious problems with how that company manages that kind of thing, ie frequency of changes, people not being up to speed and/or working to two different versions, supervisors working to out-of-date rules etc, but the ATSB asked the company and not surprisingly got a response "Everything's mickey mouse. We don't agree with the report, nothing to see here, move along" even though they were provided specific examples of dates/times/locations. And, surprise surprise, the ATSB did just that. Accepted the company at their word and so nothing has changed, and if recent reports are anything to go by, things have actually got worse there...

I'd agree with you G_f that people see outcomes like that, and ask "Well, it didn't work the first time / or for Driver X, why would I bother and risk a target on my back?" And Ballina is the outcome. We've been lucky thus far, there hasn't been an A320 with a Jabiru hood ornament...But as was said in that kids movie, Monster's Inc, "Your luck will run out, eventually!".