PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2021, 22:33
Gentle_flyer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
So it is now mid March and nothing from Airservices.

If they were truly interested in safety they would have enabled all submissions to be read by everyone so that everyone could understand everyone else’s differing opinions. Just like the Senate RRAT enabling everyone to read all the submissions, subject to submiiter’s privacy desires, (of course).

I have read 3 of the 1000...all excellent content...might not agree with all the content and opinions but at least I understand their point of view.

But that is not how Airservices plays the game. Spin overrides everything including safety and we can't show how foolish, stupid and arroagant Airservices was by plucking a date, having no decent operational concepts let alone proven reasons for making the changes and spinning presumably their political masters as well but truly having no idea what they were doing or why. Says it all about Airservices for last 15 to 20 years, fake news and alternative facts well before Trump and Conway!

So how to get out of this embarrassing situation....Hmmm if I was a betting man, do as little as possible and organise the previous nominated base of 1500 AGLs to a mixture of 8500, 6500 and 4500 AMSL ( or 5500 / 7500 ) up the east coast so IFR pilots and controllers are not distracted by terrain. No need for radar terrain vectoring charts, MSAW data for CFIT safety net alerting (removed in paranoia after VH-TNP), Approach control training for our low level enroute sectors, etc etc etc.

Sucker all of industry to think all their concerns have been listened to and give the impression of major change when actually doing nothing and not addressing the real safety issues, in fact making them worse?

Remind me again what “Pyrrhic victory” means...

In the words of a moderator on another aviation forum...MTF no doubt

How will thus help the signature incidents / accidents of Mangalore, Albury, Coffs and Ballina??