PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Futher With The Glide
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2003, 16:20
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the instructor mode and this is not a go at Bern Ouilli but at a number of instructors and MATS part1 backs me up on this.
There is no need to give airfield elevation if it is already published, neither is there a need for a range from touchdown when established if there is a fully serviceable DME and why do people still insist on saying closing the localiser from the right or left.
Grrrr imagine if they said that at Heathrow Gatwick etc
Anyhow rant over

I do use the phrase further descent with the glide from time to time, sorry I didn't realise it would be ambiguous.
Basically what I am saying to the aircraft is they will not get any further descent from me until they are established so don't ask for any ( I usually descend the aircraft to platform height anyway)
Or I may clarify it by saying something like you may continue your descent with the glide path if for example I am I think a little high and want the aircraft to start his descent and he is on a closing heading to establish.
Maybe its not MATS part 1 but it has been taught to me that way at 3 separate radar units