PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Futher With The Glide
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2003, 06:45
King of the Beet Lowlands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Futher With The Glide

A quick question.

On being vectored onto the ILS often we get a clearance on the lines of "XXX descend 2500', turn right heading 200, report established on the localiser, futher descent with the gilde".

As far as I am aware the ".....futher with the glide" bit is non-standard R/T and leads to some confusion as to its meaning. I think it can be interpreted two ways. Firstly, once established on the localiser cleared for the glideslope. Secondly, the altitude given is the lowest descent, and EXPECT the next lunge toward the earth to be with the glideslope.

So,

1, Is "futher with the glide" recognised R/T? If so what does it mean?

2, If it isn't (and this particuarly applise to MAN APP controllers) what do you mean by it?

If you mean the first meaning, how about use, ".....once established on the localiser cleared for the glideslope".

If you mean the second meaning, you could try, ".....expect futher with the glide".

I think this would remove any ambiguity used by an otherwise excellent group of controllers.

Thanks.

P.S. This is not meant to be a discussion of the rights and wrongs of the UK's system of clearing for the localiser and then glideslope, I'm just trying to make my day go more easily.