PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to EASA
Thread: UK to EASA
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 15:35
Horsepowerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally hear what you say and agree. If I would have know for sure the EASA licenses were going to be accepted in the UK I would have transferred it in a blink of an eye. Thing is you just didn’t know for sure as Brexit was and is strange and not logical. There were zero guarantees. So what is the safe option then to assure your job?

It’s easy to look back and say what the best thing to do was. As always.
It is what it is though and I will keep my UK license and probably will apply for a European one as well as that should be doable as my written exams were all done in the state that’s still EASA. So theoretically and hopefully just an ATPL checkride and possibly a LPE and it should be good.

dh, I just want to keep my options open in times like this and it’s better to have a license that doesn’t restrict you to one country. You are right though. Although who says licenses will be transferable or recognized in the future again and when would that be? Everybody is good friends with the US, but that never really happened with the US FAA license as well and the UK has the same status as third nation now.
Maybe the UK will come back and say they will go into EASA again. If that’s possible at all. Time will tell.

In my opinion one is currently better off with an EASA license as then you can work in Europe as well as the UK, the other way around one can’t.

It just stays all silly how it’s all done, but I suppose that covers most of the Brexit dealings are. Unnecessarily difficult.

Last edited by Horsepowerrr; 4th Mar 2021 at 15:49.