PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Selection Board (aac)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2003, 05:59
SALAD DODGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a chap who went up to Middle Wallop the night before his interview, got shedded with the mess members and then woke up the next day still a little drunk and about 30 mins late for his interview. By the time he had got to the interview room all the other candidates(who arrived that morning) were outside having been interviewed and given a grilling for about 45 mins each.

He walked into the interview about an hour and a half late, and looking rather hung over and flustered. Several people had already phoned up that morning to report the fellows antics and conduct, and he was told that his exploits of last night had been noted and there was no need to continue the interview. The Board said that they knew all that they needed to know about him and there was only one question:

"What do you think of Lady Dianna?"

"I dont think she is much of a Lady, and she must be blind to stay with Charlie" Came the drunken reply

And that was it. In less than 5 minutes total the interview was over. As he was walking out thinking that was the end of his short AAC career he was told to expect some good news in the post but not to tell the others.

He was the only one that day to be offered sponsorship. So I guess if you fit the bill, you really have to work hard to screw it up.

Be yourself, as by 'playing to the gallery' or trying to be something your not you will always loose out and come across a little sterile or boring. The AAC is a fantastic service and one of its biggest strenghts is the great characters that it has managed to attract and maintain. If you have passed grading and the other tests, all you need to do now is convince them that you could fit in and be one of the people that they would like to serve beside.

Good luck, have fun and get a loud alarm clock!