PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 01:15
goodonyamate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
SOP's don't prescribe every scenario. The differences in my operation vs turboprops is in allowed spacing entering the CTAF area. 10/10/1. Jets need more room. They don't slow down anything like what a TP can, they aren't capable of flying speeds as compatible with GA traffic as a TP can, and if things go sideways, they have a whole lot more inertia, and a whole lot more thrust delay than a TP. And people do stupid things in Ballina so regularly you can set your watch to it.

Is that so? And you're basing this on your extensive experience flying both TP's and 180 seat jets into busy CTAF's I presume?
Yes.

10/10/1 for allowed spacing? Jesus. For figuring out what poses a possible conflict, sure.

im not in anyway saying this is the case with JQ, but I agree, management has a lot to do with it. Some dudes and dudettes in jets (and turboprops...5m final anyone? RIP grumpypilot) think they are the Charlie big potato’s in town and punch on in expecting everyone to move out of their way like Moses parting the Red Sea. IMO much better just to be the one who works around the GA aircraft...if it makes you late or you hold somewhere, whatever. Better than being the subject of a prune thread.

also, ‘tracking via the RNV X’ or ‘overhead NA410’ means nothing to ol’ matey in his jabiru. People please, just speak level 6 English.

happy days. At least we’re pontificating about this now instead of how many more redundacies there are going to be.