PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 01:05
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOP's don't prescribe every scenario. The differences in my operation vs turboprops is in allowed spacing entering the CTAF area. 10/10/1. Jets need more room. They don't slow down anything like what a TP can, they aren't capable of flying speeds as compatible with GA traffic as a TP can, and if things go sideways, they have a whole lot more inertia, and a whole lot more thrust delay than a TP. And people do stupid things in Ballina so regularly you can set your watch to it.
What you say is a given. By asking for your to comment on your SOPs, I was interested to know such things as how you managed your radios when going into a Class G airfield, when you started monitoring the CTAF and when you made your first calls etc. Those procedures and actions are what I call "management" and if that is not undertaken according to the circumstances and environment at the time then, as you would know, things might start to get a bit risky. I see the issues at Ballina not restricted to airspace, (but a tower would be nice) but how everyone participates.

And since you asked, I have over 22,000 hrs with time in GA, turbo-props and jets including various training roles operating into many class G aerodromes.